Pearl Harbor Tour with Hawaii Island Transport Services
Visit the site of the attack on Pearl Harbor. Learn how the United States entered WWII & pay your respects to the thousands who lost their lives on December 7, 1941. Convenient pick-up and drop-off at select Waikiki hotels.
This Pearl Harbor Tour Immerses Visitors in WWII History
Stand at ground zero of the surprise attack that drew America into World War II. Gaze up at a crystal-blue sky once filled with enemy planes. History was made in this place on December 7, 1941. It began as a quiet Sunday morning. Now that date, as President Roosevelt said, will forever “live in infamy.”
Our Salute to Pearl Harbor tour immerses you in sights, sounds and personal stories. Your guide will provide helpful and fascinating historical and cultural background. You’ll never forget your visit to the Pearl Harbor Visitors’ Center and the USS Arizona Memoriala
New Visitor Center Contains Rare Artifacts, Multimedia Exhibits
You’ll feel the power of this sacred place upon entering the Pacific Historic Parks Pearl Harbor Visitor Center. Here you’ll witness rare artifacts and multimedia displays. They explain what happened before, during and after the aerial attack. The assault killed more than 2,400 American sailors, soldiers, marines that fateful day.
Look across the harbor’s blue waters at Ford Island, the center of the assault, and you’ll imagine the chaos and madness.
Soon you’ll travel across the harbor by shuttle boat and step onto the USS Arizona Memorial. You’ll pause in tribute to those who gave their lives. This graceful monument built over the remains of the sunken ship provides a moving tribute. Oil from the Arizona continues seeping to the surface. These “black tears” serve as poignant reminders of America’s great loss.
Anchored nearby is the USS Missouri, which faithfully watches over the sunken Arizona. Imperial Japan formally surrendered to the Allies in 1945 aboard the “Mighty Mo.” That somber ceremony in Tokyo Bay brought World War II in the Pacific to a close.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, the Navy may suspend boat operations to the USS Arizona Memorial at any time or impose a capacity restriction on the boat; as a result, occasionally, you may be placed in the standby line. Please accept our apologies in advance. In such cases, there will be no refunds. You can still enjoy USS Arizona exhibits, the Visitors’ Center and park monuments.
- Security restrictions at Pearl Harbor will be enforced. Please do not bring large bags or anything that could offer concealment. No iPad cases and clutch wallets allowed. Wallet must be the size of a regular size cell phone. Storage is available at Pearl Harbor for $6.00 per bag.
- Government issued ID is required.
- Dress comfortably, but please remember that shirts and shoes are required on the USS Arizona Memorial; swimsuits not permitted. High heels, dresses and skirts not recommended.
- Guide reserves right to adjust route for maximum visitor enjoyment and safety.
- Be ready for spur-of- the-moment stops, unexpected views and special sightseeing along the way!
Please report any disability requiring special attention (wheelchair, scooter, walker) at time of booking. Hawaii Island Transport Services Company will make all reasonable attempts to accommodate needs with 72 hours advance notice.